Blog Vs Website – I always used to think both blog and website are the same. They have a similar background, similar design, similar layout, and sometimes similar purpose too. But y perception is wrong. After a keen observation, I understood that “All Blogs are websites but all websites are not blogs” This statement is a bit tricky but it’s true. We can consider all blogs as websites but all website cannot be a blog. These are very small minute reasons but has a lot of impact on it. Let’s know which one is better and why?
Blogs were generally created to have a simple interface and to make regular posts. In blogs, all the posts are displayed in chronological order. While Websites are static in nature and posts, or the content on the website has a fixed position according to the need. Websites can be the same for years as there is a custom customization which makes it look more static than dynamic.
Websites are basically the virtual stores of the business that sells products and/or services. It can self-promote and advertise the products on a large scale. Targeting on genuine customers is more about a website while a blog is a place where it constantly updates the potential and existing customers with useful and interesting facts and maintains the two-way interaction between a blogger and a reader.
Identification factors of a website and a blog?
There are a few things which help us in identifying a blog or a website.
Basic identification features of a Blog:
- A chronological listing of blog posts.
- Blog posts are archived by date, category, author, tags, and sub-categories
- A blog has a unique commenting system that invites the readers to participate in the communication by commenting related to the posts.
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds for posts and/or comments for feed-readers like Feedly, etc.
Basic identification features of a website:
- There will be one static home page and many internal website pages.
- A website is a designed portfolio of work.
- A Frequently Asked Questions page that readers can browse to get more information.
- Interaction is possible through client testimonials, contact forms and feedbacks.
- A detailed page is assigned especially for a company and its terms and privacy statements pages.
- There will be a service or a products page that displays what are the services provided by the company.
Blog Vs Website
|Content is static.||Content is regularly updated.|
|The purpose of the website is completely formal and professional.||The purpose of the blog can be both formal and informal.|
|Interactivity does not exist on a website. There is always only one-way communication.||Highly interactive in nature.|
|A website can also be used for Transactions of payment.||Blogs are informative in nature. It helps in providing the information and educating others.|
|Generally, websites fulfill the requirement of an ongoing business.||Blogs can fulfill any kind of requirements in the industry according to the need.|
Blog Vs Website – Which is better?
Both website and the blogs are equally important and helpful in nature but if we compare websites with blogs, then blogs overcome websites due to its purpose and public acceptance. Blogs have a lot of useful information which maintains the interaction between the visitors of the site. Blogs have a unique feature of subscription which helps in reaching the visitors faster and helping to get updated regularly. Sharing the content from a blog is also easier on the blog than compared to a website. The retention rate is higher in a blog than compared to the websites. Loyalty towards the site is more towards the blog than a website.
A blog thrives on new content and the more regularly it is updated. The information which is shared will be useful to everyone who is in need and never becomes scrap.
The main purpose of a blog is to provide helpful, valuable, informative and interesting content that helps others to stay updated with the new happenings in the world. Bogs help in creating a strong relationship in the mark and can be helpful in earing lot of money just with its presence on the internet.